GOOD NEWS – SALONS ARE OPEN!!
We appreciate the patience our residents and their families have had with us as we adapt and enhance our response to COVID-19. In the past few months, we have learned a great deal about this virus, how easily it spreads, and the tools needed to combat it. As of today, we have no known cases of Coronavirus in our care center.
We are excited to announce the first step towards relaxing restrictions in our care center. This week, the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) has issued the following guidance regarding resuming salon services inside our care centers:
- The beautician will be screened for fever and symptoms of COVVID-19 prior to entering our building.
- The beautician will wear a surgical face mask and eye protection.
- Residents must wear facemasks throughout their appointment.
- Surfaces will be disinfected between each resident.
- Only one resident at a time in the salon.
- The resident will complete proper hand hygiene upon entering the salon.
- The beautician will complete proper hand hygiene before and after contact with the resident.
- No COVID-positive residents or residents showing symptoms will be allowed in the salon.
- If the care center is experiencing an outbreak, the care center will suspend salon services until there are no longer residents testing positive or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
These guidelines along with our infection control practices will help ensure the safety of all who live and work here as we resume salon services inside our care centers.
Updated information on our planning and preparedness for Coronavirus and our activities within our care centers can be found by visiting our website (www.sfhs.org) or our Facebook page. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.