Last week we tested all staff of Zumbrota Health Services. Results are shown below. We continue to work with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and are following COVID-19 recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). As of today, the MDH is not recommending any changes to our visitation process.
- Zumbrota Care Center – 0 residents and 0 staff tested positive this week. Testing staff weekly due to county positivity rates.
- Bridges of Zumbrota – 0 tenants and 0 staff tested positive.
Visitation will occur in the Day Room by appointment (not in resident rooms/apartments). In order to have an indoor visit, please follow the below guidance:
- Proof of a negative COVID test within 5 days prior must provided. If you would like to be tested during our routine testing, please reach out to Laura Erickson, Administrator, at 507-732-8132. This applies to visitors who will be visiting on a regular basis, otherwise COVID tests may be obtained elsewhere.
- 2 people may visit at one time.
- For the Care Center: Visits will be held in the Day Room and visitors will enter/exit through Day Room door.
- For the Bridges: Visitors will enter/exit through the main entrance.
- Visits are up to 25 minutes.
Zumbrota Care Center time slots starting every half hour will be available:
- Tuesday from 1-4 pm
- Wednesday from 10-11:30 am
- Thursday from 10-11:30 am
- Friday from 1-4 pm
Please contact Lacey Boesen, Activity Director, at email@example.com or 507-732-8409 to set up an indoor visit.
Bridges of Zumbrota time slots starting every half hour will be available:
- Monday from 10-11:30 am and 1-3 pm
- Wednesday from 10-11:30 am and 1-3 pm
- Friday 10-11:30 am and 1-3 pm
- Alternate times by appointment
Please contact Virginia Cooper at 507-732-8455 or Barb Konter at 507-732-8412 to set up an indoor visit. Visits must be set up at least 24 hours in advance.
Currently, vaccines are being distributed to adults 65 and older, educators, school staff, child care workers, health care workers, and residents and staff of long-term care facilities. We have received many calls requesting information about vaccinations. If you qualify in one of the above categories, please check the state’s online vaccine locations map (https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/locations/index.jsp) or contact your health care provider about appointment availability. Our staff and residents continue to have opportunities for on-site vaccinations through our pharmacy partnership. Our next clinic is on 3/8/2021.
Minnesota continues to see new COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations as MN lessons the restrictions in public areas. The numbers of cases and attributable deaths are declining as vaccinations roll out. State and local health officials continue to stress social distancing, mask use, and frequent hand washing or sanitizing.
A couple of weeks ago, the Minnesota Association for Geriatrics Inspired Clinicians (MAGIC) launched a new video resource to help providers in our community to address hesitations and misinformation related to the COVID vaccine. MAGIC COVID Vaccination Video was developed to provide accurate and up to date information and dispel myths regarding the vaccine. The goal is to increase vaccination rates, specifically among frontline health care workers, by providing meaningful information from a trusted source that allows them to make an educated decision.
With vaccinations becoming more prevalent, and knowledge that vaccinations are providing a positive impact in reduction of active outbreaks; it is frustrating that use of PPE and visitation constraints must continue within our care centers. Until the CDC and MDH have supporting science to assure the spread of COVID-19 is reduced with vaccinations, we are required to maintain the same infection control protocol.
Looking for ways to help? We have a variety of positions available with flexible scheduling and on the job training. For more information or to apply, visit www.jobswithus.org, search “Zumbrota.”
Don’t forget to get your flu shot this season to help protect our community. Please follow our Facebook page (@Zumbrota Health Services) or our website (www.zhs.sfhs.org) for all COVID updates and information on what is happening inside our care center. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Laura Erickson, Administrator, at 507-732-8132 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.